Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1, 2009: The first blog!


Welcome to the Lowe Down 365. Now I could sit here and say that this is your top spot for sports and that this blog will be number one in the world but I can’t back that up. What I can say is that this blog will be your number one source for what’s going on in my brain. You guys (and gals) have to right to dispute anything I say and I encourage it only if you are going to be respectful. I don’t want to see any racism, sexism, or any of the other –isms that plague other blogs across the ‘net. In the same accord, I’m not for censorship but just show some self-control.

I am a 22 (soon to be 23)-year-old male from Atlanta, GA and am a senior at Middle Tennessee State University. These facts are important because this blog will be the story of my life. Everyday (starting today) I will give my opinions on the sports world and everything else that’s affecting my world. I am a diehard Falcons, Hawks, and Braves fan. I love the Thrashers simply because they are the NHL team in Atlanta. I grew up a University of Georgia Bulldog fan but my heart belongs to the Blue Raiders of MTSU. With that being said, I will be unbiased in my analysis of these teams as well as others. But if I do have a blog about the Sun Belt Conference or the NFC South, you understand why.

I am the general manager of MTSU’s on-campus student station (MTTV) and I host a show on the student radio station called “The Lowe Down” with Richard Lowe. Last year I was the sport editor for the student newspaper, Sidelines, but ended up resigning because I became the GM for the TV station. However, you can still find me inside of the Sidelines office talking with Steven Chappell (a proud UAB alum) or joking around with the rest of the newspaper staff.

Now that you know my background, let me break down what is going to take place. Starting today, I will be posting a blog about some topic in sports. It will not always be the biggest or the most current story. Sometimes I can offer answers and sometimes I can make the problem more confusing. Either way, you will hear my view of the topic and you are more than welcome to comment. IF you need to email me, you can reach me at richardlowejr@gmail.com. Besides that, comment below and tell your friends!

1 comment:

  1. You should have a special section on the blog for your frequent visits to The Chicken Shack. Speaking of which, when are we going? You owe me lunch.

    ReplyDelete